It was a U.S. Army Air Corps and U.S. Navy biplane fighter of the interwar period.
The P-12, has more in common with the carrier line than the fighter line. When fully upgraded it has excellent maneuverability and top speed, allowing you to out turn most other players at your tier. The P-12 is typical in that it has adequate, though not amazing guns, and a very fragile engine, so head on head attacks are to be avoided at all cost. Instead, focus on getting used to the diving attack style that american fighters use later on. Your speed means you have a great climb rate, and your opponents will likely be unable to get out of your gunsights and will have a hard time getting behind you when being attacked from above. Since American guns do have long overheat times, you'll have plenty of ammo to bring them down despite your lower damage.
- Not much to see here, first upgrade should be the airframe as the combined benefits are greater than the engines
- Finish up researching the engines.
Airframe Engine Machine gun
F4B-1 R-1340-8 2x7.62 mm M1919-A4 (S)
Airframe Engine Engine
P12-E R-1340-7 R-1340-17
Last update: Patch 0.5.3.
Stats shown are stock, stats between brackets are fully upgraded.
- Hit Points 60 (75)
- Weight 1158.0 kg (1198.0)
- Airspeed 238 (266)
- Speed at Sea Level 255 km/h (275)
- Top Speed at Best Altitude 283 km/h (305)
- Optimum Altitude 400 m
- Maximum Dive Speed 330 km/h (350)
- Stall Speed 70 km/h
- Rate of Climb 7.40 m/s (9.70)
- Optimum Airspeed 168 km/h (175)
- Firepower 16
- Maneuverability 402 (407)
- Average Time to Turn 360 degrees 9.40 s (9.10)
- Rate of Roll 80
- Controllability 97 (99)
The Boeing P-12 or F4B was an American pursuit aircraft that was operated by the United States Army Air Corps and United States Navy.